Travellers allegedly left behind mounds of rubbish and a small touring caravan after leaving Coventry City Council-owned land in Binley.
The lightweight vehicle was abandoned in the corner of the fields by Langbank Avenue after the group left.
Sacks of rubbish, fast food packaging and toilet tissues were also been dumped in and around hedgerows.
The Travellers had occupied the fields since at least Wednesday last week (August 26), with the council taking court action to evict the group.
The local authority had been due to issue a notice on the occupants to leave the fields before the weekend. A court summons from Coventry City Council addressed to ‘persons unknown’ at the encampment was affixed to street furniture.
The court hearing was listed for today (Wednesday, September 2).
Another sign at the fields, which pre-dates the encampment, warns against the unauthorised tipping of rubbish, stating that offenders will be prosecuted.
The remnants of a small fire had been left by a hedgerow and empty fuel canisters were strewn across the green space.
The deserted caravan was left with its front door window down and bedding and a council notice inside.
The council said today that it had been left until midday and has since been removed to storage.
Speaking earlier this month, Cllr Peter Male (Woodlands) said: “The past two months have seen a ridiculous cat and mouse game between the Travellers, the council and police all at local taxpayers’ expense.”
Lisa Smith, a journalist campaigning for travellers’ rights, has told CoventryLive that there is a “chronic” shortage of pitches for nomadic groups nationally, forcing them to stop on contested sites.
A spokesman said: “The site has been vacated, with one caravan left on site, which is thought to have been abandoned.
“The council team left it there until midday and then arranged for it to be removed to storage for 28 days.
“Cleaning and site cleansing started this morning and the site is being secured.”