A much loved entertainment venue in Coventry has announced it will be reopening in October.
The Rialto Plaza in Coundon will be back in business with special Covid-19 measures in place.
Indoor performances at the Moseley Avenue venue will resume from Friday October 2.
It is the first time the venue has welcomed audiences back since March this year, when the UK coronavirus lockdown took effect.
Although restrictions were lifted for venues in August, the management said it has delayed opening until October to ensure the Rialto can open safely and in accordance with government guidelines.
James Penny, promoter at the Rialto Plaza said: “Our venue has several inherent features that make it safe to attend.
“In particular we have a huge space so we can sell tickets on a table only basis allowing groups to remain in their social bubbles.
“We’re embracing the space that we have and innovating as much as we can whilst taking all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our audiences and full event team.
“It’s really important for both the local community and our staff that we open as soon as we can as safely as we can.”
You can get your Coventry and Warwickshire news straight to your email inbox – and it’s FREE!
All you need to do is sign up here.
The emails come out twice a day, at lunchtime and in the evening, with the latest news, what’s on and sport from across Coventry and Warwickshire.
James added: “Hopefully help create a blueprint for other live entertainment spaces to open safely and be part of the process of restoring employment within the live events space.
“We cannot wait to welcome audiences back to our venue.”
Virtually all the events the Rialto had planned had to be cancelled or rescheduled until next year.
However the venue’s events team has worked to secure a new programme of autumn events which it hopes will appeal.
They include UB40 and Take That tribute acts, as well as comedy and quiz nights
It is hoped the popular Bongo’s Bingo will return to the Rialto before the end of the year.
The programme is evolving as conversations with the Government continue about safely bringing events back indoors.
The Rialto says it is taking Covid-19 safety measures “very seriously”.
Below: Footage of Bongo’s Bingo
Capacity has been reduced to table bookings only ensuring physical distancing and the venue will be deep cleaned before and after every performance.
All staff have been trained to operate with strict guidelines and the venue is implementing staggered entry times.
In addition there is a venue-wide sterilisation programme, hand sanitisation stations throughout the building and automatic soap dispensers in the toilets.
Tickets are being sold by the table and not individually to ensure ‘bubbles’ remain at the same table.
The venue is also operating a one-way system around the perimeter with different doors for entry and exit of the main hall.
James said: “People are desperate for live entertainment, we are so excited to get moving again.
“Our customers have been so amazing, so patient and understanding and we really can’t wait to welcome them back so we can thank them in person.”
Events in the Rialto diary so far are as follows:
Oct 2 – The Big Quiz
Oct 3 – 90s Night (live act)
Oct 9 – Comedy Night
Oct 10 – RnB Live
Oct 17 – UB42 tribute to UB40
Oct 24 – Rule The World, tribute to Take That
Oct 31- Pop-up Halloween Cinema – Beanbags & Blankets
Nov 6 – 80s Night (live act)
Nov 7 – Charity event in aid of NHS (live act)
Nov 13 – Rum & Reggae
Nov 14 – Comedy Night
Nov 21 – Whitney Houston Party Night