A date has been revealed for the come-back of Nuneaton Food Festival this year.

CJ Events Warwickshire has announced that the food festival will be hitting the streets of the town centre on Sunday, August 22.

In a post on social media, the company which organises the event has urged people to “save the date”.

It also teases that more information will come soon.

Last month, CoventryLive confirmed that talks were underway between Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council and CJ Events with a view to bringing the festival back.

At the time the council said it was waiting on the latest government guidance on restrictions being eased.

In a latest statement, Brent Davis, executive director at the council, said: “We are planning ahead and hope to stage events in our town centres this year.

“The Nuneaton Food Festival has been a great success over the past three years or so and it is always great to see people coming into the town to enjoy the stalls and entertainment, as well as the shops and traditional market over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

“Unfortunately this year there is a lot of uncertainty about how public events will work due to the effects of Covid-19. We are awaiting the outcome of test events and expect government guidance around running Covid-secure events by the end of May.

“We look forward to welcoming people back into the town centres again with more fantastic events, with all the right safeguards in place to limit the risk of infection.”

Due to Covid-19, the event was cancelled last year.

But the past two events have been hugely popular.

People swarmed to the town centre to check out the 40 plus stalls which transformed Queens Road into a ‘food and drink heaven’ last year.

Get the latest stories from across Warwickshire by signing up to our free email updates





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *